Soon after the news of impending release of the much-awaited iOS 5 Gold Master (GM) by Apple, followed the much anticipated confirmation from the iPhone Dev team – as MuscleNerd tweeted that iOS 5 GM jailbreak can be done using the latest version of Redsn0w.
All you need to do to execute this tethered jailbreak is download redsn0w 0.9.9b3 (or up) for Mac or 0.9.9b3a (or up) for Windows; connect your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad to your computer with a USB cable and run the jailbreaking software. Recent reports suggest that Redsn0w should work with all devices that can run iOS 5 excluding Apple’s newest tablet, the iPad 2.
Here is the Step-by-Step Guide to Jailbreak iOS 5 GM
1. Download Redsnow 0.9.9b4 (Windows / Mac)
2. Click the “extras” option and then select “IPSW” to manually point Redsnow to the iOS 5 beta 7 firmware to jailbreak iOS 5 GM.
3. Go back and then click the option to “Jailbreak”.
4. Select “Install Cydia” and follow the instructions to enter DFU mode.
5. Once there Redsn0w will load the limera1n exploit to tether-jailbreak your iOS device on iOS 5 GM.
At the mean time, iOS 5 GM is only available for registered iOS developers. If you haven’t yet tried the iOS 5 GM jailbreak, I’m sure you would definitely like to try it out when Apple launches the version on October 12, 2011. That’s tomorrow!