To install Siri on your untethered jailbreaked ios 5.1.1 device just follow this link
To install Siri on your untethered jailbreaked ios 5.1.1 device just follow this link
I have been asked so many times lately if it’s possible to transfer purchased applications from one iPhone to another and if it’s possible how to do it. Well the simple and direct answer is yes and the method is published on the web but to make it available for my visitors I will re-published here as below
Download and install the latest version of iTunes (see Resources).
Launch iTunes on the computer and click the “Store” menu heading, followed by “Sign In.”
Enter the account username and password used by one of the iPhones to log into iTunes. This ensures that both the iPhone and iTunes are linked to the previously purchased content you wish to share.
Connect the iPhone to the computer using its USB cable, and click the “Sync” button in iTunes. All the content currently stored on the iPhone is transferred to the iTunes library on the computer.
Launch the “Settings” application on the other iPhone and tap the “Store” button. Enter the same username and password used when logging into iTunes.
Connect the second iPhone to the computer using the USB cable, and click the “Sync” button in iTunes. The content from the first iPhone is now synchronized with the second iPhone at no extra cost.
iCam Concept: How iPhone 5 Could Kill The Digital Camera For Good!
Posted: 12 Dec 2011 07:24 PM PST
As I’ve mentioned in the past, the iPhone is a decent tool for photographers – dual cameras, amazing picture quality and good video recording capabilities. However, it’s no match for a high-end digital camera in many ways. In the past, we’ve covered several third-party accessories (Go Pano Micro, Lens Filter Kit, Photojojo SLR mount etc.) that can improve the photography experience on your iPhone. However, by my own honest admission, the iCam concept belongs to a different league.
Published by ADR Studio, the iCam concept is rumored to be present in the iPhone 5 (yes, iPhone 5). Simply put, the iCam is case which can snap on to an iPhone 5 to turn it into a high-end DSLR. It includes interchangeable lenses, a huge image sensor, hardware controls, a preset wheel and it would use the iPhone 5 as an image processor.
As evident in the above pics, the iCam case could be snapped to the iPhone device, making it look like a high-end digital camera. In terms of physical appearance, I have to say that the all-aluminum chassis looks gorgeous. The concept proposes that when the iPhone 5 is docked, it will launch an app that controls the iCam, and provides information and touch screen buttons to help control the next exposure. The images you shoot will be stored directly on the iPhone camera roll thereby making it convenient for instantaneous sharing.
Steve Jobs always said he wanted to revolutionize technology and the iCam concept definitely looks to be a step in the right direction. Of course, financial viability of iCam can be a major deterrent as it evolves from a concept to a production ready accessory. None the less, there’s no denial that iCam has the potential to revolutionize the digital camera market. The major limitation – owning an iPhone 5 would be a prerequisite and that’s not an ideal scenario for everybody.
What do you think about iCam? If Apple makes uses this concept in iPhone 5, will you buy it? Please share your opinion by leaving a comment.
Wanna try out Windows Phone 7? You don’t have to get a real Windows phone to experience the Metro UI. Microsoft has come up with a fun way to attract iPhone and Android users to try out their mobile platform.
The developers at Microsoft has created a web application to demonstrate the Windows Phone 7. Simply open your mobile Safari browser and point the address to http://aka.ms/wpdemo. You’ll be fully immersed in the Windows Phone interface. The website is very well-designed that you can touch and swipe to experience the Metro UI.
For those who didn’t yet discovered iBackupBot here is the link to read more about it and download it as soon as possible iBackupBot
When you connect your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to your computer and select “Back Up”, certain settings and files from these devices are automatically backed up to your computer. You can restore this information if and when you need to. iBackupBot is especially handy when you purchase a new iPhone (or iPad, or iPod touch) and want to transfer your previous settings to
it. The backed-up information includes text messages, notes, call history, contact favorites, sound and widget settings and more! iBackupBot even saves and transfers photos from your iPhone’s camera roll or your iPod touch.
“iPhone Update from Simon Blog”
There has been much discussions and speculations relating to the then yet to be released iOS 5 features since the WWDC in June, 2011 four months back. However, what Apple served on its platter – with an eye and urge to cater to one and all Apple user is nonetheless commitment to utilize technology at its best. Here we put together a list of 16 iOS 5 features to show you the improvements:
1. iMessage – allows you to send unlimited text messages via Wi-fi or 3G iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to any other user with those devices. Also, as a built-in feature into the Message app, it allows you to send text, photos, videos, locations and contacts; besides facilitating tracking messages, read receipts, secure encryption and group messaging. You may also swap conversation from one device to continue on the other.
2. Notification Center – allows you to keep track of all notifications, message alerts, emails, friend request etc. in one place – the Notification Center. New notifications appear only briefly at the top of your screen (without interrupting your current task); and all you need to do to enter Notification Center is just swipe down from the top of any screen and choose the ones you want to see.
3. Reminders – the feature which promises to organize your day-to-day activities in to-do lists along with dates and locations. This location-based feature sends out an alert as soon as you reach certain location, about your to-do activities. It also works with iCal, Outlook and iCloud, making changes in updates automatically.
4. Twitter – its integration into iOS 5 promises to make tweeting easier from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. All you need to do is ‘Sign in’ into Settings and tweet directly from Safari, Photos, Camera, YouTube, or Maps. This intelligent iOS 5 feature in Contacts instantly apply your friends’ Twitter usernames and profile pictures, as soon as you start typing a name.
5. Newsstand – this custom newsstand iOS feature ensures that all your favorite magazine and newspaper app subscriptions are organized for quick and easy accessibility in a folder named Newsstand. Not only are new purchases moved directly into the Newsstand; in fact it automatically updates them in the background with each arrival of a new issue – with the latest covers.
6. Camera – the new camera features in iOS 5 promises to enhance your photography experience with your iPhone capturing each little moments of life. Besides allowing opening the Camera app right from the Lock screens, to using grid lines and pinch-to-zoom gestures; the new feature ensures single-tap focus and exposure locks hat can even compose a picture in movement. You can check out our earlier post to learn more about the new camera features. Moreover, enabling of Photo Stream in iCloud can make for your photos to be automatically downloaded to all your other devices.
7. Photos – the new iOS 5 comes with enhanced photo enhancements that give your snapshot the professional touch with creative excellence in just a few taps. You can not only crop, edit, rotate, enhance and even remove red-eye without exiting the Photos app; but can even organize your photos in albums on your device. Moreover, iCloud ensures that all your new photos are automatically transferred to the rest of your iOS devices as well.
8. Safari – iOS 5 promises improved site-seeing experience by introducing enhanced web-browsing features to iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Now, you can enjoy your web-articles sans the cluttered ads without any distractions on your Safari Reader, while Reading List allows you to save interesting articles to enjoy at leisure. At the same time, iCloud helps keep your list updated across all your devices.
Soon after the news of impending release of the much-awaited iOS 5 Gold Master (GM) by Apple, followed the much anticipated confirmation from the iPhone Dev team – as MuscleNerd tweeted that iOS 5 GM jailbreak can be done using the latest version of Redsn0w.
All you need to do to execute this tethered jailbreak is download redsn0w 0.9.9b3 (or up) for Mac or 0.9.9b3a (or up) for Windows; connect your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad to your computer with a USB cable and run the jailbreaking software. Recent reports suggest that Redsn0w should work with all devices that can run iOS 5 excluding Apple’s newest tablet, the iPad 2.
Here is the Step-by-Step Guide to Jailbreak iOS 5 GM
1. Download Redsnow 0.9.9b4 (Windows / Mac)
2. Click the “extras” option and then select “IPSW” to manually point Redsnow to the iOS 5 beta 7 firmware to jailbreak iOS 5 GM.
3. Go back and then click the option to “Jailbreak”.
4. Select “Install Cydia” and follow the instructions to enter DFU mode.
5. Once there Redsn0w will load the limera1n exploit to tether-jailbreak your iOS device on iOS 5 GM.
At the mean time, iOS 5 GM is only available for registered iOS developers. If you haven’t yet tried the iOS 5 GM jailbreak, I’m sure you would definitely like to try it out when Apple launches the version on October 12, 2011. That’s tomorrow!
using redsn0w redsn0w_win_0.9.8b3 and iphone 4 ios 4.3.4 i was able to jailbreak the iphone 4 4.3.5 firmware version, the only drawback till now is that you have to boot tethered each time you reboot your device.Wanted to sahre with you also a fact that for the trurbo sim card unlock procedure to work on the jailbroken phone with the 4.3.5 firmware version you should jailbreak the phone and boot tethered each time to activate the turbo sim card,meaning that the procedure to unlock the phone would occurs only once after jailbreaking the phone so its better to do it correctly from first time and try hard not to reboot your device.
I have been looking for an Office Suite for the iPad for a long time. In this arena, Documents to Go rules. But I wanted to try out an alternative. I read decent reviews about Office 2 HD and downloaded it. I am happy to report that it is now my go-to App for reading and editing Office documents on my iPad.
Office 2 HD is a first cloud-friendly productivity option for the iPad. The app integrates file-sharing feature in iTunes or you can set up access to a cloud service such as Google Docs, MobileMe, DropBox, MyDisk, Box or others.
The new iPhone is expected to be thinner, equip with faster processor and boast the built-in camera to 8-megapixel. Hopefully, the iPhone 5 will come with a revamped design.
So are you going to purchase the new iPhone? If your answer is positive and you do not plan to keep your iPhone 4, get ready to sell it! Apparently, the value of current iPhone models will be declined rapidly once Apple officially announces the next iPhone.
According to BGR, the average selling price of Apple’s iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G dropped between 10% and 15% by the time Apple announced the iPhone 4 on June 7th. By the time Apple’s iPhone 4 launched in late June 2010, eBay resale values of the iPhone 3GS had further dropped by roughly 22%.